The National Dispatcher Selection Test (NDST)
As the first point of contact in an emergency, dispatchers play a critical role in keeping the public safe, as well as responding law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical personnel. Selecting the best person for such a demanding position requires more than an interview and background check. It requires a reliable, validated measurement tool that will ensure the person you select possesses the important skills required to perform effectively as a dispatcher. Stanard & Associates’ National Dispatcher Selection Test (NDST) gives call centers the ability to objectively assess a candidate’s skill level in five important areas: Reading Comprehension, Listening, Problem Solving, Prioritizing, and Multi-Tasking. And in keeping with Stanard & Associates’ commitment to rigorous standards in test development, the NDST is backed by an extensive research and development effort involving input from hundreds of incumbent dispatchers across the country. So you can enjoy the ease of using an off-the-shelf test that targets the areas you need most – those that have been shown to be important to the position of dispatcher. Increase your communication center’s efficiency by using the NDST as your initial screening tool to identify candidates meeting your requirements.
Why use the NDST?
- Inexpensive and efficient selection tool
- Easy to administer
- Can be scored by the department or by Stanard & Associates, Inc.
- Consists of questions and content directly related to dispatcher tasks, such as listening to simulated 9-1-1 calls
- Backed up by extensive research and development
- Valid, job-related and legally defensible. The NDST was developed in accordance with professional, ADA and EEOC Testing Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-367-6919.